Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

our rustic country wedding {the reception}

our reception went by fast. like, scary fast. everyone told me it would, but i still wasn't prepared for how many people i'd want to talk to (and dance with, and drink with, and take pictures in the photo booth with) in such a short amount of time.
we made our big entrance and started to dance the dance that we'd practiced for weeks. we took three private lessons determined *not* to dance the standard first wedding dance (the clutch and sway, as i've coined it). to the song give me love by ed sheeran, we demonstrated a little lift, a little twirl, a little dip. i pretended i was on dancing with the stars.

and then there was dinner. i don't think i ate two bites because, you know, evie had to eat and then it was time to get up and mingle. (i heard the food was delicious!)
on the menu...

hors d’oeuvres

fall soup shooters

bbq meatballs

brushetta pomodora
tomato, basil and capers on crostini
with goat cheese sprinkles

salads

broccoli bacon pea
crunchy bacon, dried cranberries, peas
and broccoli in honey mustard dressing

the barnyard
greens, blue cheese, fresh berries
and sugared walnuts
in huckleberry vinaigrette

country caesar
romaine hearts, parmesan, tomato
and croutons

fresh fruit and berries
all the best from the local
farmer’s market

entrées

roasted pork loin
with yams and roasted fingerling
potatoes

chicken picatta
lightly breaded and sautéed with lemons, wine and capers, 
served over wild rice

mac n cheese
deliciously down-home and
unbelievably cheesy



leave a little note!

  1. Gorgeous! What a beautiful day. It's been so much fun to see all of your photos from such a special event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you believe how fast it went?! I was absolutly shocked how fast everything happened. My dad came up to me and said "time to go Lib, your limo is here" and I looked at him like he was crazy. I could have sworn it was only 7 with 3 more hours to go, but nope, it was 9:45 and the wedding was done in 15 mins. I started crying and begged him to ask the driver to let us stay for the remaining 15 mins. I ate a full meal but wished that I had maybe walked around and ate at the same time bc that was a good 40 mins I could have been mingling with people. Ug, I would love to have the reception to live all over again, I would so do it differently and be way more aware! I wasn't really even drinking, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you two practiced a dance for the first dance. So sweet! and love that your delta gamma sisters were able to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't stop stalking your blog! What special treasures and memories you have! Love the location of your reception- beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meghan. I found your blog through Liz's blog, Exploredreamdiscoverblog.com.

    Your dress is beautiful and I love your hair...so simple and elegant.

    ~Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that you guys did a real dance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are too cute with the dancing!! Your photographer captured all of the little moments, the happiness radiating from everyone (especially dad!) and the love between your little family :) gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete