Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the day *before* the big day


today, my friend and bridesmaid liz sent me some photos of our wedding rehearsal and dinner (she's so stinking good with her camera!), so i thought i'd share them with the world. 

so, the wedding! jeff and i got married on a farm. in october. in oregon. sounds like a recipe for disaster when you're planning an *outdoor* ceremony, doesn't it? well, on the day of the rehearsal, the weather was beyond compare. warm and sunny without a single threatening cloud. (the wedding day is a different story. stay tuned for that one!) 

my bridesmaids and i kicked off the big day *before* the big day at oasis nail and day spa in nw portland. before everyone arrived for manis and pedis (and mimosas), i put a bridesmaid's gift on every chair. the gift? a bottle of champagne, a new pair of nike shoes, a handmade makeup bag (in our wedding colors, of course), a silly wedding-themed book (titles included "an accidental wedding" and "always a bridesmaid"), and a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicureall tucked in a canvas bag with the bridesmaid's initials embroidered on it. 


^^i'm getting married tomorrow! wheeee!^^


later that afternoon, with fresh nails and a good buzz (i swear those mimosas were all champagne), the girls and i checked in to the hotel where we'd be staying that night and changed for the rehearsal. 


^^love this rehearsal dress^^


^^my maid of honor. (not really. but pretty much.)^^


^^this girl slept through the whole dinner. (how do babies do it?)^^



^^the greatest friends ever^^

leave a little note!

  1. i love your rehearsal dress, you look gorgeous! you are so thoughtful in what you gave your bridesmaid and that spa looks so chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute girlie. Gorgeous photos. I love the gifts you gave your bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S Yes I recently got a new canon rebel. Still trying to figure out all the logistics of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore such a similar white lace dress to my rehearsal dinner too, how funny! So glad you are back to blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic idea for gifts. Looks like a great day before the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures Megs! Where did you get your rehearsal dinner dress? I've been looking around and want something very similar for my rehearsal dinner :) xoxo love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Great to hear from you!:) I got that dress at H&M for just $30. I bought it in another color, too, because I love it so much!

      Delete
  7. Hi Meghan! I love the photos and am thrilled that you are friends with Georgia too - such a sweet girl! Great to see you so grown up and happy.

    ReplyDelete