Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Imagination

this morning, evie and i played with play-doh. among my creations were an alien, a cat, a bowl of blue eggs and a caterpillar. (i like play-doh, okay?) evie dug her chubby little fingers into a big chunk of orange clay and called it a rainbow. she also squished my alien—the one i worked so long and hard on—between her hands and said it was a snake. i replied, "that's not a snake, silly. snakes are long and skinny, not fat and alien-shaped." 

and then i thought, what the heck am i doing? a mother should encourage her daughter's imagination, not put down her play-doh art! from now on, if evie sees a snake in a smashed alien, power to her. future "rainbows" and "snakes" will be works of genius, as far as i'm concerned.

after i insulted her art, evie popped a huge ball of blue play-doh into her mouth, swallowed it, and sat calmly as i frantically scoured the internet to make sure it wasn't toxic.

"you insult me? i'll freak you out." that's what she'd say if she could string so many words together.  touché, evelyn.

leave a little note!

  1. I was just going to say the same thing as above. Payback :) And also? Be prepared for freakish colored poo. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mama you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh out loud! Touche for sure, Evie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Lesson learned I guess. Ha! :) She is an absolute doll, as all of you are. You have a lovely family.

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so funny! Yep, I'd say Miss Evie got you good. These are good memories, and she'll love reading this one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gave me a good laugh! We've been playing with play dough a lot lately too. My 2 year old always makes pizza. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, I can totally picture this. And, absolutely adorable picture of that beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, she ate it!! i need to get some, but i am pretty sure my baby girl would totally eat it, too, ha! it's kinda salty, if i remember correctly ;)

    ReplyDelete