Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Gender Reveal

i had this gender reveal planned since our last gender reveal in 2011. the plan: jeff, evie and i go to our favorite too-expensive baby store (janie and jack) and choose a girls' outfit and a boys' outfit. we take the outfits to the register and hand the woman behind the counter an envelope with the baby's gender inside. we walk away, and the woman behind the counter gets to work wrapping up one outfit—the one that matches the gender written on the ultrasound photo in the envelope—in a perfect box, bow and all. 

that night, we go to a nice dinner, order drinks (beer for jeff, faux-jito for me), toast to the baby-to-be, and unwrap our "gift" to reveal the gender.

the plan worked great! evie and i picked the girls' outfit, and jeff chose the boys'. he took his time selecting a collared shirt and puffy vest, size six months (a thanksgiving outfit, he decided). the woman behind the counter had done this quite a few times before, so she knew the drill. (i thought we were so original!) 

boy, oh boy, were we excited (and a bit shocked) to see that little blue outfit! anyone have tips on raising a boy?!?


leave a little note!

  1. Such a cute idea! Congrats Meghan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Congrats! You'll love having a little boy! They are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness this is the cutest idea! It's actually one I haven't heard but I love oh so much! Congrats, boys are a blast

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a such a neat idea!! I would be dying of anxiety wanting to know! lol. Yay for baby boys! It's true what they say, boys are soo easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hubs did a great job picking the boy outfit! congrats on the little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, what a cute idea! Janie & Jack is my favorite children's store too! Congratulations on your little baby boy! You are in for a ton of fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah! cute. girl, boy just like us. boys are fantastic. girls are awesome, but there is something so awesome about boys. and they do love their mama's. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a neat idea! I think it's original :)

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute. Cute. Cute. Brilliant idea! And you will absolutely LOVE having a boy. They are sooo much fun. (Although I really have no reference since I'm not raising a girl. *sigh*) Levi started making car noises whilst driving a toy car before he was one. How do they know?! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! What a cute idea. A boy huh? I have four boys and three girls. I can give you plenty of advice. Ha!! I love boys and they are very different. And it's great. Much luck to you and I love following.

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I'm soooooo excited for guys to have a lil guy ;) I bet your dad is happy too, he's always been so outnumbered. Lol. Congrats, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautifully cute way of doing this!! congratulations my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest idea ever!! AND YAY for your baby boy on the way - I have an older girl and baby boy (okay, he's 2) and just love it. yay

    ReplyDelete
  14. You shouldn't eliminate the possibility that the lady at the checkout counter was just playing it cool so she could steal your idea...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! A Boy! Congratulations! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are having a boy too :) I wanted a girl sooo badly but am excited for my little boy! Naming a boy is so hard though! And this is the cutest gender reveal idea ever, i've never even heard of it! I was going CRAZY not knowing the gender so at 16 weeeks (had to wait til this last Tuesday to officially find out at 20 weeks) we went to an elective ultrasound place and paid $60 to find out. Knew it waas a boy within seconds, haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I call that outfit when your done with it:) seriously adorable!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete