Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Booked!

as of this morning, it's official: we'll be in hawaii in october. i can't wait! our friends are getting married on the big island, in kailua-kona, so we're spending six nights there to relax and help celebrate. we'll also be celebrating our first anniversary as hubby and wife. after quite a few spats about whether or not to take evie with us, jeff and i decided we'd leave her with her loving (and very excited) grandparents for the week. i'll cry while we say goodbye at the airport, i'm sure, but once we're in hawaii i know i'll enjoy sleeping in and reading more than just a few pages of my book at a time.
anyone been to kona? i'd love to hear your tips and recommendations. i've never been to hawaii! 

leave a little note!

  1. Oh how fun!!! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! We're planning a trip to Hawaii this winter too. Fun, fun, fun! We left Jed on our first week long trip when he was 15 months old with his grandma. I cried when I left and cried when we returned and I got to hug him again, but our trip was amazing and Jed did just fine. Sometimes a marriage needs a little one on one. :) So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just in Maui for 2 weeks but I've never been to the big island! You are going to have a blast and love it. It's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh i bet you'll have a wonderful time :) it sounds like Evie will be in great hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! What a perfect time to go! Seems like so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing trip you will have! That is one place for sure on the bucket list to go one day!:)
    LOVING your pics you picked- can't wait to see how marvelous of a time you will have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! You will have the best time, I'm sure. I wish I had some travel tips for you but I haven't been either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that sounds like a perfect trip and I'm sure you'll be happy you did it kid-free even though saying goodbye is always hard! I've never been to Hawaii - I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i haven't been to kona - or any part of hawaii - but i'll be in maui in october! too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're going to Hawaii in October, too! What a coincidence! I've never been to Kona, but if those pictures are anything to go by, I'd say you're in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to love Hawaii! It is so beautiful and the perfect place to relax and celebrate a wedding (and an anniversary!). The big island has lots to do - volcanos, state parks, amazing beaches. You'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun! a little get away for you two although it will be bittersweet being away from your sweet girl. you two will have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have so much fun. I still dream and plan on going to Hawaii one day!

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just read your Instagram, eeek!! I had to come here to comment though bc we haven't announced butttttt I am due February 10!!! We are almost due date twins :) Planning to announce on our first anniversary next Saturday :) So happy for you and can't wait to see updates and blog entries all about babies!

    ReplyDelete