Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On Love


when jeff and i started dating, he took me on a snowboarding trip. i had been snowboarding only once and didn't have health insurance, so i crossed my fingers i wouldn't seriously hurt myself on the slopes. 

right away, i fell and broke my wrist. 

for weeks after the accident, jeff helped me with little things like cutting my meat and typing blog posts as i spoke the words to him. he even shaved my left armpit when i whined about how awkward it was to reach it with my giant cast. my armpit. he'd been my boyfriend for two weeks, and he shaved my armpit. and he did it without cringing or wrinkling his nose or acting even the slightest bit annoyed.

if that's not love, i don't know what is. 

i'm so happy he's my husband.

leave a little note!

  1. two weeks in and shaving your arm pit? absolutely true love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You for sure married a good one! What a sweet story about his kindness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arm pit shaving is true love for sure :) So glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me smile. What a funny story that so perfectly describes love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like he knows how to take care of his darling girl!! Such a sweet shout out to him! Wait.. You did mention he would write out your blog posts- did he do this one?:) jk great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny! If that's not love, I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is certainly one of the kindest people I've met...and he's lucky to have you too!! True love is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this makes me happy. not the whole broken wrist part, but the cute parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had more than one moment where I thought to myself "he must REALLY love me!" Glad you found your perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this and your blog! Such a happy place... : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the coolest post ever. I cant believe you made him type your blog posts and shave. your. armpit. hahahha awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. new to your blog & you sold me with this post - ARMPIT, I literally LOL'd. #truelove

    ReplyDelete