Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Disneyland


the happiest place on earth!
at first i thought we were crazy, taking a one-year-old to disneyland. she wouldn't remember it. she wouldn't fully appreciate it. who knew if she'd even enjoy it? but i really wanted the memories for jeff and me, as parents. taking our firstborn to disneyland! it would be a hoot. 


jeff and i did our research the night before the big day: what to bring, which rides to go on, which stroller to rent, where and how to let a kiddo nap at the craziest (er, happiest) place on earth. and it paid off. the day went off without a hitch. 

hungry? have a piece of fruit. (i packed plenty.) looking pink? let me get that SPF 50 out of my backpack. peed through your diaper? let's change into the extra outfit i brought. 

jeff and i high-fived more that day than we have in four years combined. 



dumbo was a hit, as was peter pan. but i'm still trying to understand why a 17-month-old baby was allowed on this wild rocket ride (below)—and why we thought it was a good idea to take her on it. the thing was going fast. really, really fast. i'm not even sure evie could hold her head up as we cut through the air. i kept a tight grasp on her as we flew up and down, around and around. when we finally slowed to a stopped, a meak weeeee escaped evie's little lips. i laughed. what a sport!

this train was a little tamer, more our style. unfortunately, i can't tell you where it took us or what we saw on the ride because i was so focused on evie, locked on her expressions, ooo-ing and ahh-ing and weee!-ing at seemingly appropriate times to make sure she knew it was supposed to be fun, not scary. (that's pretty much how the day went for me.) i think she truly enjoyed it: the train and the whole day.



and, of course, there was the not-so-glamorous side of disneyland: stopping for snacks, naps and diaper changes. we captured it all! thank goodness for the baby care center's clean, padded changing tables and quiet areas. it was our little haven. 


leave a little note!

  1. Aww what a fun day for you guys!! :) Glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think it's so cool that her snacks included avocado and bananas! I know the small stuff I look at. The pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to to go to the happiest place on earth! looks like the day went off without a hitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it so much! Way to be prepared :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Our little guy is 15 months and I can't imagine doing something like this! Brave parents! It looks like a wonderful day and the pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! It looks like so much fun! I'm glad that you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I so can't wait to take Madison to Disney! I couldn't imagine doing so at this age so I commend you guys for your bravery. The high five line was HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!!! I am so jealous! The pictures are amazing though! I am so happy it went well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post and thank for your sharing. I am sure I will share your blog with all of my friend. At the same time, I will also like to invite you to visit my blog at http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on the research, sounds like that made all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day! Looks like a blast! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete