Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

a special dad

my dad
my dad taught me more than just how to throw a baseball. he showed me how to love others. how to love life. he told me it was okay to stay out late when i had a college paper due the next day (i'll only live once). he taught me, by example, to take responsibility for my actions. he taught me to stand up for myself. to do what's right. to always think of myself and the people i love. to work really, really hard, but not so hard that i lose perspective of what matters most in life: relationships. to love unconditionally.

when evie was born, he said, "isn’t it strange? you didn't even know her yesterday, and today you'd walk through fire for her." i never realized how much he loved me until i had a daughter of my own.


on sunday, we celebrated him (and my grandpa, and jeff too, of course). my dad loves candy, so i made a special candy jar for him and filled it with his favorites: snickers bites, pretzel m & m's and peanut butter cups. hopefully, with the unambiguous label i made ("don't touch my stache!"), my mom and sister will stay away from it and he won't have to hide little candy stashes throughout the house anymore.


after presents and appetizers and making it down quite a few stairs with her daddy's help, evelyn decided to plop down on one of the steps, rest her arms on the step behind her, and take a little break. because life's tough when you're a one-year-old. 



leave a little note!

  1. gimmie that cake! this looks like such a great celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't take how cute Evie is in that picture of her on the stairs, leaning back!! Just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the love for your Dad here...and your sweet baby? Adorable! Ok...that cake looks awesome too...Dairy Queen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candy stache thing you made. Evelyn looks super cute. Hope the cake was great, looks like the company was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that picture of evie on the stairs is SO adorable! You should take the same picture every few years to see how she grows :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love every picture!! What a gorgeous family! Evie is such a charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evie on the stairs needs to be in a frame. Immediately. :) So cute! Glad it was a special day for your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a salting Father's Day party!! So much work was put into it and just so darling! Love the sweet Lil lady pictures once again! South joy in all the pictures- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dad's quote from Evie's birth is so sweet, and I'm sure so true! It sounds like you've got a great papa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture of Evie at the bottom of the stairs is adorable! I'd probably frame it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can she be any more beautiful?! I love her hair!

    Looks like a great day! I enjoy your pictures.

    ReplyDelete