Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

story of my life {the short version}


i was born in wenatchee, washingtonor, as my parents like to say, the buckle of the power belt of the great northweston april 1, 1986. (i still don't quite know what that means.) within four years i got two sisters, and we became a cute little version of the three musketeers. 

my family moved to a suburb of portland, oregon right before i started kindergarten. as a young adult, i lived a few different places but always came back home, to portland. a boomerang-er, you could call me. in high school i played varsity basketball and some softball, and after graduating from the university of oregon (go ducks!) i took a solo trip to france and ireland, just for fun. i wanted to do something on my own. i was home from my my three-week european adventure just long enough to unpack and repack—i landed an internship at the san francisco bay guardian and was moving to the city by the bay. 

two years of hard work and a whole lot of fun followed. on a leap of faith, i broke up with my boyfriend of four years and moved back to portland, where my now-husband jeff also lived. 

jeff and i hit it off, moved into an awesome urban apartment together, got pregnant (surprise!), traded in urban living for a house in the suburbs, and got engaged in september 2011. we had evelyn the following december. that's when our lives changed forever, for the better. we were married last october. these days we're soaking up every moment as a family together. 




leave a little note!

  1. What a neat project! Hubby and I always said we'd like to go to Portland some day. I'm sure it's a world away from rural Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this little snap shot into your life - you are exactly 11 months younger than I am ;)

    Beautiful photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! I'm headed to san fran next week for the first time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I'm doing the challenge too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea. I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing this also :) I love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, what a sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story! I love blogging prompts may have to check this out and pick up a few.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely story and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story is full of adventure! I envy that! Sounds like a great life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to meet you :) My sister lives in a suburb of Portland and I visit her every chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to check out these prompts! I love your short life story. And good luck with Evie's surgery, I can't imagine how nervous you are!

    ReplyDelete