Wednesday, May 15, 2013
day 14 of the challenge (a couple days late): a list of ten things that make me really happy. this is an easy one.
1) weekend brunch with friends. seriously, this is one of my favorite things of all time.
2) baby toes, especially when they curl with happiness like this.
3) family beach trips. you can't beat 'em!
4) my morning latte. oh, it makes me so happy.
5) eating, drinking and laughing with my best girlfriends.
6) backyard barbecues and freshly picked wildflowers. (i have a little obsession with snatching flowers that don't belong to me.) summer in general.
7) thinking back on this moment, one of the best of my life.
8) my new outdoor living room. the last few nights, i've sat out here with a glass of wine and magazine until dark. jeff has had to make dinner because i can't bare to be inside when the weather's great and my little patio looks like this.
9) this picture. when i look at it, i remember how lucky i am to be evelyn's mama.
10) family reunions at the jersey shore, where it's warm and peaceful and easy, where we stay up late telling stories and my cheeks ache from laughter.