Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

planting party


when i decided it was time to get my little backyard ready for spring, i put my troops to work: my mom helped me shop for plants and flowers, jeff poured heavy bags of soil into to big pots, and evelyn got down and dirty "planting" rocks in little buckets of mud. (okay, so evelyn wasn't super helpful. but she kept herself busy while we worked, and that counts for something.) i wanted to turn my patio into an oasis, a sunny retreat. i wanted to sit out there with a magazine and glass of wine and relax after a long day. god knows the days can be long.


it was so much fun planting flowers all afternoon with my little family! it was different, and doing something different is always refreshing. bonus: with everyone's help, my patio became the oasis i imagined. 


leave a little note!

  1. You guys did such a great job on the patio. I am working on making my apartment patio a little nicer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love this! I'm so excited to be able to decorate our yard this year as first time homeowners! Ecks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it looks great! I love your fountain and all of your different plants. We're still renting so I haven't done any big backyard projects, but a few potted plants clearly jazz things up. Can't wait for warm nights outside with wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so lovely! The place look gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! Nothing says spring like some beautiful plants. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete