Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

i hope my neighbors don't read this.

i didn't want to write about this today, but i need to confess, for i have sinned: the most beautiful trees in our neighborhood are now in full bloom, and when i walk by a neighbor's tree with flowers that look and smell heavenly, i snip the flowers right off the tree, take them home and arrange them in a vase. as if i'd just bought them at trader joe's. (i'm a thief!) usually the flowers i take are daisies, which count as weeds (right?), and no one wants weeds in their yard. when i take daisies, i tell myself i'm doing my neighbor a favor. weeding for free! i'm practically a saint.

today, though, i feel a bit guilty. i saw these gorgeous purple flowers that smelled so good i just had to have them. (what are these called again?) the tree wasn't in a yard; it was in the grass that lined the sidewalk, just beyond the homeowner's fence. part of the tree hung over the fence, but i honestly don't know if anyone owns this tree. (or was it a bush?) before i made the first snip, i asked evie what she thought. she said, "fwuh-bees." (translation: flowers.) she wanted flowers. and so flowers she would have.


^^my little accomplice^^


leave a little note!

  1. I just adore this post! Me and my mama used to theive our neighbors lilacs-although she knew year after year it was all in good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilac bushes - easy to care for and they smell so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really do look beautiful in your home...and isn't that the point of flowers? I say no harm, no foul ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sneaky girls! I admit I clipped many of my neighbor's magnolias from branches that hung ever so close to our fence line. =) I'm sure others are guilty of this. Also, on your last post on looking for the good, I think this is the best of outlooks you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, this completely made me laugh out loud. those flowers are def. worth the crime ;0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers! Sharing is caring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahah they're so pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I applaud you for your sneakiness:) I remember once my Grandma asked some people if she could pick some of the roses out of their landscaping- haha she can use her cute 'old lady-ness' on them.
    So Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lilacs. I think they should be free for the taking and I can't wait until the lilacs bloom in our part of the world!

    ReplyDelete