Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

well hello there, march.


on this friday morning, march 1st, the brand-new sun pours through my open window and soaks my face with its warmth. a delicate breeze tickles my nose and eyelashes, and i invite the essence of the northwest into my lungs. this natural perfume is one of my favorites; it reminds me that it's not yet spring but not quite winter anymore, either. i'm refreshed. 

as i roll onto my side, i stare out at the bare branches swaying in rhythm with the wind gusts, and i'm comforted because i know the spaces between the branches will welcome thousands of leaves in just a few weeks. and i'm comforted because i know they'll fall in september. and i'm comforted being here, in my bed, in my room, in a home that i love.

today, everything is perfect.

{have a happy weekend.}

leave a little note!

  1. Beautifully written, Meghan. You've given me hope that when I get back to OR in 2 weeks winter will be a distant memory :) Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo and beautiful sentiment! Spring is in the air ;) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautifully written! I feel much the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. March 1, the day my oldest was born...always a perfect day for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sentiment. March 1st is always such a renewing time for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy March is here!! One step closer to summer.

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful flowers, happy march!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful post and picture.

    Hope you're having a great weejend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photograph!

    alyciamealy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly said... perfectly captured!

    ReplyDelete