Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

toy store mania


i used to write about my favorite restaurants and museums in san francisco, one of the hippest cities in the country. i wrote about my life there: wine and witty conversation, too-expensive dinners and the crazy yet beautiful things i experienced on my walks to and from work.

my, how life has changed.

today i'm writing about a trip to toys r us.

(pretty excited, aren't you?)

last wednesday at 3pm, when rain threatened and the world was quiet and i was desperate to get out of the house, evie and i ventured the toy store. it was our first trip to a toy store, so i wasn't sure what to expect. would she love it? would she scream if i told her she couldn't have something? (kids are always screaming in toy stores, right?) 

we arrived and the aisles were empty and quiet, all for us. evie toddled over to a colorful musical toy she liked and sat down right in front of it, in the middle of one of those empty aisles, and started playing. when she grew tired of that toy, she moved on to the next. and then the next. and the next. 

new toys bring evie boatloads of happiness.

besides seeing evelyn wide-eyed and giggly and happier than ever, the best part was getting to snap photos without feeling the tiniest bit silly, because there was no one around. (i'm not usually self-conscious when photographing, but i was down on my belly taking pictures of my kid in a toys r us. that's weird.)

we spent nearly two hours (two hours!) playing in the aisles. so, you know, it was only appropriate to buy a few things: a play kitchen, a new bath game ("bathketball"), a baby doll, and a 19-piece outdoor barbecue camping set.

this mama loves the toy store! 


leave a little note!

  1. My kids have never been to toys r us -- I bet they would love it! I have, however, gone to Target during a string of bad weather days, and saw many, many mothers with small kids. Toys r us might've been a better choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target is our go-to store to kill time in! I'm not brave enough to let both the babies run free {the big kids are usually at school when we go} because I can only go in one direction! But Jackson does love checking everything out. "Momma, did you see that?!?" is probably said about 100 times! Maybe it is time for a change, I may have to go to toy r us next...and maybe even blog about it too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the toy store so much I'm so glad it's not closer haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! What a great way to spend time together.

    Hope you a wonderful day :)

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! When my guy gets a little bigger we will have to do the same! And that's not weird, you are a Mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete