Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

that day we were twins


i've had plenty of opportunities in the last year to dress my daughter and me in identical outfits, but i've passed them up. why? one and only reason: jeff thinks it's silly and (although he'd never come out and say it) would be embarrassed to be seen with us in public dressed as twins. i think he thinks it's on par with husbands and wives dressing alike. (i say there's nothing wrong with that, either.) 

yesterday, i was scanning evie's closet and came across a red and black flannel dress from hanna anderson, the one she wore on christmas eve. it was too big for her then. i just so happened to be wearing red flannel, too, and this time i jumped at the chance to be matchy-matchy. evie will probably never wear the dress again (it's almost spring, time to say bye-bye to flannel), and babies and mamas in matching 'fits are just so darn cute! 

we pranced around nw portland—to a coffee shop and one of our favorite restaurants—in our matching red flannel, happy and proud. jeff put up with the charade all morning without saying a word, just looking at us adoringly and snapping photos without being asked—because he knew this day was one for the record books. 



leave a little note!

  1. haha, so cute.

    i find nothing wrong in matching either ... i think it's cute.

    i have to say that the hubs and i never match and when we do it is by accident. getting him to match me is like asking him to chew glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know -- you match, but aren't too matchy-matchy. Evie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. This is adorable! :-) I'm not the biggest fan of couples dressing similar but I think mamas (or dads) and kiddos should as much as possible. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! You and Evie are twins no matter what you wear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness our daughters have to exact same colour hair!!!! She is just a doll :) I love the matching outfits and I { without my husband knowing } often do the same he he

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so, so cute! You are both adorable. You should post this tomorrow for Trendy Tot Tuesday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love the matching pics!!! I say, do it while they let you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the cuteness. So so so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is completely adorable & love the flannel!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are darling meghan!! i love your hair it always looks so perfect and never out of place, and always adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. <3 ADORABLE <3



    SELENE OVER THE POND

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this :) she is soooo adorable!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mwaaaaaa!! These pics gave me a scrunch faced smile! TOO CUTE~ you two should be in a magazine together;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you decided to match because man,oh man, it's cute. I frequently accidentally match my daughter- lots of boots, leggings, dresses and messy buns.

    ReplyDelete