Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

a cheesy twist on tradition



yesterday i stumbled across an easter project that looked so easy and adorable i just had to copy it—and take all the credit for it. no one (except you guys) has to know i didn't dream this up myself, mmmmkay?

here's the inspiration:


 and here's my version:


i love these cheeto "carrots" because they're such a fun (and cheesy!) twist on traditional easter-basket goodies like chocolates and peeps. and they were absurdly easy to make. i just bought some triangular cake-decorating bags at michael's, filled them with cheetos and tied them with green curling ribbon. i printed 20 or so of these cute, free easter tags on brown card stock and attached one to each bag.

my cheesy "carrots" are going to coworkers, nieces and nephews, and maybe even some lucky kiddos at evie's daycare. (i'm sure their parents will just love me for handing out cheetos.) 


leave a little note!

  1. adorable, last year we did this with goldfish :) love the tags you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea. My 4yr old goes nuts for cheetos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! Love seeing all of the Easter baskets on the blogland lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I was going to attempt a janky version of this with a regular plastic bag and goldfish for my daughter's basket since she can't have the reeses pieces version I got at Walmart for my boys. Yours has officially put mine to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so precious! My two year old is obsessed with cheetohs, so I think the Easter Bunny may have to bring him some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Love the attached cards. You rocked this pin! Stopping by from SPD linkup.

    Nicole
    Adventures of a Semper Fi Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. your version is a lot cuter. i love the tags you put on them. how creative for easter! hope you have been doing great meghan

    ReplyDelete
  8. those tags are so cute! yours are cuter than the original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Where did you find the pointed bags?

    ReplyDelete