Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

new hair


this weekend i became a redhead. (a redhead!) i'd been thinking about making the switch from blonde to red-ish forever, and now that i have a daughter with red hair (plus a mom and sister with the same natural hue), i thought it was about time i join the fun.

when evie saw me for the first time after my hair appointment, she didn't squeal or smile like she normally does when she sees me. (jeff, on the other hand, did both.) she stared at me for a moment with her little red brows furrowed in confusion, her eyes searching mine. are you in there? is what i imagined she was thinking.

and then, finally, oh, there you are, mama!

and then she squealed. and smiled.

i feel a bit more grown-up without my bleach-blonde locks, which i'd had since high school (except for those couple years in college when all my blonde friends and i were too broke to get our roots done so we decided to dye each other's hair dark brown (everyone's turned out black) à la l'oreal superior preference).

on sunday i got to show off my new locks at the new babica hen cafe in lake oswego. here are some pictures of my breakfast and latte because, well, they were delightful.


leave a little note!

  1. looks fantastic!!! really digging the new hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love red hair, and it looks really great on you. I've never been brave enough to do a drastic hair change like that. You are my hero. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks AMAZING!!!! And I just love that you and Evie have matching hair now. You two are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! I like how deep and rich the color is. In college I experimented with hair color as well, unfortch the professional world makes it less acceptable for some of the styles I like...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you say gorgeous!? Loving the red hair! :)

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! You were born to be that jazzy!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also love that shirt! so much cuteness!

      Delete
  7. You are a gorgeous red head! And I love that your little baby girl is a redhead! Redheaded babies are the best! Both of my sisters are redheads, but I am the oddball blonde. I think their baby pictures are cuter than mine haha.

    http://carlkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT breakfast!! And, I love the hair. Maybe I need to make a drastic change like that too?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, lex! i could see you as a sassy brunette.

      Delete