Wednesday, February 13, 2013

diy ❤ valentine's day snack gifts

it's my first valentine's day as a wife. you'd think i'd get all mushy about it, maybe buy jeff a big stuffed bear that says "i love you" when you squeeze it or bake him an extra-large batch of heart-shaped cookies.

nope.

instead i almost forgot all about him. i got so caught up making *the perfect* valentine's gifts for evie's friends at daycare that it didn't cross my mind to do something for my husband, too (until yesterday; i have something up my sleeve now)!  

for evie's friends, i made a yummy snack mix and packaged it in a short 8oz mason jar with festive fabric and a homemade label.

in the mix:

frosted cheerios
strawberry shredded wheat
gerber yogurt melts
marshmallows



i hope the kiddos like it!

leave a little note!

  1. What a fun idea! They will LOVE their jars. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the absolute CUTEST idea! confession? things like this really make me look forward to having a little one someday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Happy Valentine's Day!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute meghan!! you are so creative and i love the snack idea, wish i belonged in evie's daycare so i could receive one of those snacks, mail me one ;-) and dont' forget jeff too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the cutest! I'm going to have to remember this idea when my daughter is old enough to have friends to make/buy gifts for!
    Can't wait to find out what you did for the hubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW CUTE!!! Love the mix... mainly because it's pink and white... but it also looks super duper scrummy!! I know the kiddos had to LOVE that mix and packaging!!

    xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Valentine's Day present for the kiddos! I'm sure they loved their treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Great idea with the festive fabric <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. such cute valentine's treats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for being so wonderful! We loved the special treats and you! (and you know how much we love Evie!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute treat!I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

    ReplyDelete