Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

{fancy up} saturday night


on saturday our friends didn't just have us over for dinner. they planned an elaborate cocktail hour with charcuterie trays and a full bar, they put flowers and candles on the tables, and they cooked salmon and a big pot roast to perfection. the best part was the girls wore dresses and they guys wore ties. it was just like being at a fancy restaurant, but without the crowds or wait time. such a fun {and delicious} idea for a saturday night mixer! 


but that wasn't even the best part of my weekend. the best part? was last night, when evelyn looked at me from across the room, pointed, and said, "ma-ma" for the first time. it was the sweetest thing i've ever heard. my fragile little heart melted and skipped at the same time. {your heart gets fragile and you turn all mushy when you become a mama.}

leave a little note!

  1. what an amazing weekend! It must have been such a wonderful moment to hear her say ma-ma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with that last statement. You can often find me as a puddle on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait until you hear, "I love you." It's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. The mama moment is probably the best moment ever:) Congrats is a deserving word I believe! Beautiful Dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh, how exciting! and check out your dress! that is so pretty, love it!

    ReplyDelete