Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Confession: My Foot Fetish


my name is meghan, and i have a foot fetish. 

it's a baby foot fetish (grown-up feet are gross), but a fetish none the less.

wait, let's rewind. 

evie has a new fascination with her humidifier, which looks like an elephant. we got it last week when she had a cold. the box it came in read, "hi! i'm elliot!" so, naturally, jeff and i call the humidifier elliot. (when an inanimate object has a name like elliot, you start to treat it like a person. it begins innocently enough: you refer to it as "he" or "she" instead of "it." but the next thing you know you're telling your daughter to say good morning and goodnight to a humidifier.)

(no wonder evie's obsessed with him. er, it.) 

every morning, evie pops up in her crib and points to elliot, who sits facing her on the other side of the room. she exclaims, "eh-yee-it! eh-yee-it!" and then giggles and smiles wider than ever.

elliot not only keeps the air in her room nice and moist but also allows me to take incredibly cute photos of her feet. this afternoon, evie sat in front of elliot, babbling to him and turning him on and off with the twist of a knob (twisting knobs is another new obsession of evie's). normally her chubby little feet are moving too quickly to get any good photos of them, so today i'm especially appreciative of elliot.

come on, aren't baby feet the cutest?


almost every day, i recite this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, and so on, while wiggling evie's respective toes. well, lately evie's been wiggling her own toes and then looking up at me, wanting me to say the rhyme. so today, after she (finally) grew bored of elliot, i rhymed while she wiggled and giggled.

and my heart nearly burst.


leave a little note!

  1. Thanks for a good giggle this morning! I couldn't agree more... those feet... so so crazy cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little baby feet are the most adorably things in the world! Such a sweet post.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, baby feet ARE the cutest, but I have a terrible phobia of grown up feet... they are disgusting! Ha ha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with ya, sister. Baby feet are just the cutest!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't. The little baby feets are so cuuuute! gah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I know what elephant humidifier you're talking about because I was just ranting about not being able to find it a couple weeks ago. (http://faithloveandbabies.blogspot.com/2013/03/coffeecoffeecoffee-nuff-said.html) We settled for the frog. But, I LOVE baby feet. Adult feet make me ill but baby feet are just precious.

    ReplyDelete