Wednesday, February 1, 2012
my (diaper) bag of tricks
it's official. the longchamp bag i once called my purse is now known as the diaper bag. it no longer contains lipstick, nail polish or menus from the downtown restaurants i've tried recently. instead it looks like a "babies r us" exploded in there.
here are some of my new essentials:
1. hand sanitizer. because you never know who's gonna want to touch your baby's face and hands after eating a greasy meal or handling money or something. (having a baby has made me a complete germ-a-phobe.)
2. this fun, vibrating rattle. evie will be grasping at objects any day now (according to my mom and my daily "what to expect the first year" emails!), so i keep this interactive rattle handy just in case she's feeling grabby.
3. a nuk pacifier. often the most important item in the diaper bag. (not even a dry diaper can calm evie down like this baby can!)
4. wipes in this cute case. (self explanatory.)
5. a change of clothes. evie's already blown through more diapers and onesies than i ever thought possible.
6. newborn diapers.
7. a digital video camera to capture all the coos and gurgles.
8. nursing pads. (darn you, leaky nipples.)
9. a super cozy hat to cover evie's head and ears on our winter strolls.