Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

my (diaper) bag of tricks

it's official. the longchamp bag i once called my purse is now known as the diaper bag. it no longer contains lipstick, nail polish or menus from the downtown restaurants i've tried recently. instead it looks like a "babies r us" exploded in there.

here are some of my new essentials:

1. hand sanitizer. because you never know who's gonna want to touch your baby's face and hands after eating a greasy meal or handling money or something. (having a baby has made me a complete germ-a-phobe.)
2. this fun, vibrating rattle. evie will be grasping at objects any day now (according to my mom and my daily "what to expect the first year" emails!), so i keep this interactive rattle handy just in case she's feeling grabby.
3. a nuk pacifier. often the most important item in the diaper bag. (not even a dry diaper can calm evie down like this baby can!)
4. wipes in this cute case. (self explanatory.)
5. a change of clothes. evie's already blown through more diapers and onesies than i ever thought possible. 
6. newborn diapers.
7. a digital video camera to capture all the coos and gurgles.
8. nursing pads. (darn you, leaky nipples.)
9. a super cozy hat to cover evie's head and ears on our winter strolls.
10. boudreaux's butt paste for those nasty diaper rashes.
11. one of these aden + anais bamboo swaddle blankets
12. my trusty iphone (+ siri), who helps me when i have questions like "how much sleep should a six-week-old get?" and "is projectile spit-up normal!?" 
13. a homemade burp cloth. it's a cloth diaper with a fun fabric sewn down the center.

what's in your diaper bag? :)

leave a little note!

  1. so fascinating! I remember someone telling me that they could never say "color blowout" at work again after having a baby - "blowout" just had a whole new meaning! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become a germaphobe since I became a new mommy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that butt paste is a miracle worker....not only for little butt's but any place really! My little niece has gone through a few tubes. I posted some pics of her today if you want to se how cute she is getting! 6 months old now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by! Isn't it funny how your purse (and everything else that's "yours") immediately becomes the baby's upon their arrival? I used to always find baby socks, baby spoons, bibs, etc. in my purse. I've been reading through your older posts; your typical day with her cracks me up. I'd never believe it if I hadn't lived through one of those days myself! :) Congratulations on your newest addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made the transition seamlessly, my dear.

    My pockets have changed as well...although a bit less than your purse. Now I have my all-in-one daddy tool of a Swiss Army Knife and a Baby's 'R Us Rewards Card on my Tanner Goods Key Lanyard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have pacifiers EVERYWHERE! I even have a diaper in my desk drawer at work! You never know when a pants explosion is going to happen. :)
    Also, if you're ever looking for an alternative diaper cream,i use "California Baby" and it usually takes the rash away with 24 hours, i even use it on his chin from teething rashes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! That was interesting.I like your quality that you put into your post.Please do continue with more like this.

    - Marx of web design

    ReplyDelete