Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my fall wedding.


welp, now that the baby's here and the craziness of the holidays is over, there's nothing much left to do but plan a wedding! (in between feeding and burping and changing and cuddling a five-week-old, that is.)

i've always wanted to get married here. it's a rustic, cozy lodge buried in the mountains. and i've always wanted an october wedding. i haven't been to work since mid december, which means i've sort of lost track of time. to me it still feels like december. but today i checked the calendar on my phone andohmigosh!it's january 24 already? we need to start planning if we're going to pull this off. 

the only problem? i have no idea where to start. 

so today i did what any normal bride-to-be would do. instead of showering or doing laundry while evie slept, i perused pinterest for inspiration. (budgeting and creating a guest list might be bigger priorities at this point, but it's not as much fun.) 

{here are some of my favorite fall wedding ideas}





leave a little note!

  1. i love your palette meghan!! a white or ivory wedding dress with a marigold or mustard colored sweater is just classically fall and i love it. can't wait to see photos of your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite how much I love the summer time, those pictures of Fall weddings are absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray! how exccciting! pintrest is definitely going to make time fly by even faster (trust me, sometimes I don't know where my days go. oops)! Let me know if you need help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the fall colors!

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be a gorgeous wedding no doubt! Have fun with all the planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeeee! I got chills when I saw this post!! You are going to plan the most perfect fall wedding, Megger! You've got an amazing eye. And you know I'm here to help if you need it :) We started with the venue, photographer and caterer. After that you've got time to fill in the details!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! You will make the perfect fall bride :) I'm sooooo excited for you! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting! I've always leaned toward a fall wedding too. Can't wait to see what great ideas you land on : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Meghan!
    Congrats on becoming a mommy!
    The Lodge would be perfect for a fall wedding and your daughter is adorable. Love her name. If we have a girl, we were planning to name her Zoe. And each time I see the name, I love it more and more.
    Thanks so much for the comment. Would love to chat again sometime. I enjoy your writing and will definitely be following from now on!

    .AshleyRae.
    araeofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these photos are gorgeous, I especially love the scene inside the church and the wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. venue and photographer were the most important for us, so we did those first! love all the inspiration you picked. fall weddings are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can totally plan everything in 9 months..in between the crying, diaper changes and tummy time ;) By August (8/10/12) we will have had an 18 month engagement and it is just WAY too long! The most important thing: Book your venue ASAP! Like today if you can, no joke. They book up soo fast. Also, come up with a budget before all the planning madness begins. We unfortunately didn't do this first and it has turned into an issue with my dad : / After that do the caterer and the photographer..photographers unfortunately book up fast too and are $$$.

    And if you join like the knot.com they send out emails that say "what to do at: 9 months" and it gives you a check list of things to do. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are getting married this fall! The best part of all is all of the natural colors that are in nature. The place you want to get married looks gorgeous. I say, pick the place first. A lot of places and vendors book early. This is where we are getting married (http://www.musketridge.com/club/scripts/ImageAlbum/view_albums.asp?AID=9293&GRP=5554&NS=PW). Try not to stress about wedding planning. I used to let it stress me out way too much (okay, I still do actually >.<). Just know everyone will have their opinions... but the only ones that matter are yours and the fiance's. When I told people I wanted to have a wedding in a barn (rustic chic) someone told me it was so "redneck" and they couldn't believe I'd even consider it. I let it bother me way more than it should have. I totally would have had a rockin' barn wedding if there were good barns in MD!

    Also, you might want to find a place that in inclusive. Although you don't get to customize as much... its such a nice comfort knowing the venue will take care of so many details for me. I can't imagine doing so much myself, and I don't have a newborn. But, if you want it customizable, just take one project on at a time.

    Good luck! And remember to have fun along they way!

    ReplyDelete