Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

where we stayed. what we ate. what we did.


i left my heart in san francisco. 

in fact, every time i leave that city, i leave a little piece of my heart with it. it's familiar yet different, ritzy yet down-home, historic yet chic. it's everything i love about urban living. it's walkable, small (only seven square miles), and excellent for people-watching. i miss walking to work and everywhere else, never worrying about where to park or designating a driver or the skyrocketing price of gas. i miss quirky neighborhoods like the haight and the castro, and dirty (but ethnic and interesting) ones like the mission.

ah, san francisco. 

i'm smart enough to know the grass is always greener on the other side, though, which is why i'm completely happy with my choice to live in portland and go back to visit sf as often as i can. last weekend, jeff and i went back to visit. we saw old friends, spent a day wandering the city, ate breakfast in the mission and sipped espresso in soma, and took the train to palo alto for the oregon football game.

here are some photos of where we stayed, what we ate, and what we did.





















leave a little note!

  1. WOW!! That place looks amazinggg! A weekend away is always so refreshing :) And Megs, I can't believe how perfect you still look! One hot mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing! I live in Sacramento, and sometimes make the trip to SF to visit friends. I am a country girl, but will agree that SF is beautiful and very charming. Although I could never live there, it is fun to visit. And seriously, your photos make me want to visit NOW, and stay where you stayed. Happy you had a great weekend!

    -Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures! wow, gorgeous place! looks like a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love San Francisco, it's my most favorite city in the world. You pics are gorgeous, that place you stayed at looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness -- this makes me want to go to San Fran right. this. second. I was in Palo Alto for a wedding several winters ago and all the bridges were out due to a terrible storm so we never got into the city...looks like I majorly missed out. I'll just live vicariously through your amazing photos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great photos!! I was actually down for the game also, and I swear we just about hugged everyone in the stands! SUCH an amazing game!! And I too, fell in LOVE with San Francisco. Amazing city, it was hard to leave. Did you go back to the city on Saturday night, also?

    - Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these photos from around SF. There are so many days that I wish I still lived in SF too, but quickly remind myself there's a reason I moved back to Oregon. Definitely an amazing place to go back and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a nice time there! Great views of the city! I've never been there myself, but it's a place I'd love to visit.
    I'm glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so beautiful!!! Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  10. at first I thought your shirt said Prego! Then I realized it probably says oREGOn and the o and n were just covered up ;)

    ReplyDelete