Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

how i spent my weekend: nesting


they say at the end of pregnancy, no matter how tired you are, you get a sudden burst of energy and feel the need to organize every drawer, cupboard, and closet in the house, and then clean like you're hosting the king and queen for dinner. they call it nesting.

lately, instead of relaxing at home or going out with friends, i fall victim to nesting. this weekend i washed every baby blanket, onesie, towel and burp cloth we have, organized the baby's closet and dresser drawers, bought a crib mattress, hung pictures and shelves in the nursery (with jeff's help), organized all the baby bathroom supplies, and bugged poor jeff to death about installing car seats, even though the baby's not due for five weeks. 

in my mind, there's still lots of work to do. in reality, we're just about ready.



leave a little note!

  1. Wow -- everything looks perfect. (Enjoy it while it lasts!)

    Pay attention to those nesting instincts. I was cleaning and cooking (to freeze for later) for several weeks before the baby came, but the day my water broke, I had this overwhelming urge to write my baby a "birthday" letter, install the carseat, and (inexplicably) buy half-and-half to have in the fridge for when my mom came down to help after the baby was born (which wasn't supposed to be for about two more weeks!). Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuteness. love the nursery and all of her purple and green :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Do you have a name picked out? That you're sharing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And check out this link/book. Maybe it will be a good read for you before baby arrives.

    http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/11/motherhood-mondays-best-book-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FbboSV+%28A+CUP+OF+JO%29

    ReplyDelete
  5. nest away my sweet friend. you will get lots of energy for that baby you are about to bring in this world and love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, you are not messing around! everything looks so great and organized! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! that nursery is amazing! So pretty! You will have one very well dressed and lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megs it looks AMAZING :) I love how cuddly, colorful and cozy everything is! Good work you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! Megsssss Would you believe me if I told you I was totally tearing up? Seeing the nursery all put together makes it so REAL. You're having a BABY. I am so happy for you guys and I absolutely can't wait to meet her. If she doesn't come while I'm home for christmas you better believe I'm buying a ticket home soon after :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see the Boppy hiding behind the rocking chair! The nursery looks so cute, Megs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you are more than ready! Looks like the baby's room is perfectly prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, your nesting has paid off because the room looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  13. you sure look ready! i did the same thing during my first pregnancy sometimes even in the middle of the night. with the second was i was too exhausted from the first. guess that's what happens when you have babes 17 months apart!

    ReplyDelete