Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

♥ home sweet home ♥


Now that we’re finally {almost} done getting our new house decorated and feeling like home, I thought I’d post some pictures.

But first, I'm starting to panic! Just seven more weeks until the baby’s due, which means less than seven weeks to get her room ready. {You never know when she'll decide to make her grand entrance. It could be tomorrow, for all we know!} Jeff assembled the crib last week, we’re painting an old dresser white this week or next, and we’re organizing tons of clothes and bathroom stuff daily. Of course we’ll want our Christmas baby born into a home with a Christmas tree and plenty of Christmas decorations, so before she arrives, I also plan to deck the house in red and green and everything else “holiday” I can get my hands on. {I’ve been waiting for my nesting instinct to kick in—and suddenly, BAM! It’s pretty much in full swing.}

Without further ado, here’s the current state of our humble abode…

living room




our bedroom {homemade comforter and pillows}




distressed dresser {just paint it white, sand it and whack it with a hammer!}

bedroom windowsill {freddie's favorite spot}

our office {my desk + jeff's music studio}


baby's room {still in progress}
 
hallway + stairs

kitchen {fresh flowers from saturday market}



dining room

laundry room {chalkboards make even the most boring rooms fun, right?}

leave a little note!

  1. OH MY GOSH!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! You are so so talented. I loooooove the laundry line photos above the gold frame-- inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of it! I love the pillows....how did you make them yourself!? I would love to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your house is amazing!!! It's so clean and organized. I love the decorating too. I might have to hire you to come over and do my houses!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this meghan!! your place is beautiful!! cant wait to see the nursery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is so beautiful! Absolutely love your decor! You did such a fabulous job decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job making your house look so cozy. We're still in the process of doing that to our new place - can't wait til it's all (ok, well mostly) put together!

    I love your pillows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your house is adorable, looks so cozy! i stumbled across your blog through liz and i'm excited to follow along with you! i'm due with a little girl about a week after you so i'm in the nesting phase too. isn't it the best thing ever? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! I really want to come by and see it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um. You have done an amazing job my dear! And seven weeks to go before baby? I'm impressed! Everything is beautiful and I love your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooove your house!! I especially love the CA license plate-nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gorgeous home! Bringing a baby into it is just going to add to all of the love:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those maps! They are amazing. good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your home is decorated beautifully!! love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about it! it is a very "adult" house, haha..does that even make sense?! it is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house is so cute! Totally my style. LOVE your kitchen table.
    And love your nursery! Love the colors in there.

    ReplyDelete