Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

we've had 84 trick-or-treaters... and counting.

last year, when i was living in north portland on a street packed with bars and restaurants and concert venuesi didn't think twice about handing out candy on halloween. instead i was at the bars in hot-pink spandex pants and a curly pig tail secured to my bum. (my girlfriend and i went as winnie the pooh and piglet.)

this year? it's a very different story, because i live in the heart of suburbia. 

about thirty minutes ago, after a couple hours of steady traffic, our doorbell rang for the last time. jeff and i kept trackwe had 84 trick-or-treaters! i answered the door only a few times (because this year not only am i too tired to go out, i'm too tired to get my pregnant belly off the couch every few minutes!). each time the doorbell rang and the kids on the other side of the glass shouted "trick or treat," jeff chuckled and said "happy halloween" in return. he handed them pieces of candy while the smallest children cooed at freddie, our black cat. they called freddie a "halloween kitty." it was the cutest. 

here we are with jeff's little brother at the pumpkin patch, getting into the halloween spirit...















leave a little note!

  1. Wow! So many trick or treat-ers! I am looking forward to that someday...out little community had no kids...What cute pics, btw. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing how life changes when you're in the suburbs - we just did our first trick or treat in our neighborhood - made me feel so old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get a single one! I wasn't surprised, as I live in NW.

    meghan, I have something for you over on my blog today! Please go accept it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 84?! Giiiirl, just think, next year it will be you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 84?? Lucky! We bought so much candy this year thinking we were going to get a lot of kiddos (cause we just moved into a neighborhood...) & we only got 2!!! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 84!!! Wow! I hope you bought enough candy. I hear kids can go crazy on you in suburbia if you run out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. geeze louise!! we had ONE at our apartment and I didnt even open the door because the only candy i had was the 2 mini crunch bars i took from a bin at the place we got take out from! and we have a fall fest like the ones in your pic at our wedding venue but it was $15 a person to get into it aka no way!

    ReplyDelete