Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

baby's lullaby


we read that parents should sing to their unborn babies. one study proves that after a baby is born, she can recognize the lullaby she heard in the wombeven though it sounds much sharper than the gurgled, muffled version she's used to. the study suggests the special song can even calm a newborn down in the most stressful situations (like surgery). 

so jeff and i decided on a song to sing to our baby-to-be a couple times a week. and this is jeff singing it...


baby
it's been a long day, baby
things ain't been going my way
and now i need you here
to clear my mind all the time

and baby
the way you move me, it's crazy
it's like you see right through me
and make it easier
believe me, you don't even have to try

oh, because
you are the best thing
you are the best thing
you are the best thing
that's ever happened to me

baby
we've come a long way
and baby
you know i hope and i pray 
that you believe me
when i say this love will never fade away

oh, because
you are the best thing
you are the best thing
you are the best thing
ever happened to me


leave a little note!

  1. He is an amazing singer!! Lucky baby and fiancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy smokes he can sing! i love the song you guys chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry. What a future-hubby, what a future-papa. You're going to be such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmm oh my gosh! This is beautiful. What a lucky little girl she is to have such great parents and so much musical talent at her fingertips!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the cutest thing i've ever seen! jeff sounds great. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! and sweet, you two will be great parents.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have heard of that too. how cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is to sweet! My parents played a certain song alot while they were pregnant with me and told me years later. Turns out it is one of my favorite songs and I had NO CLUE why I was always drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megs, this is just perfect! I can't wait to tell the baby that we went with her mommy and daddy to the Ray concert when she was in her mommy's tummy! Jeff sounds amazing on this song. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! My baby boy is due in 9 days and I love reading about others getting ready for their babies too! Wish I or my hubby had an amazing voice like this! my poor baby boy's ears!

    ReplyDelete