Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

okay, so i don't know a thing about football. but i ❤ my ducks!



there’s something about autumn that makes me really happy. when the leaves start changing and the weather cools, when the days get shorter and i get to order pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, i don’t miss summer one bit. i love putting on a soft, flowy sweater for the first time, pairing it with leather boots and new jeans.
 
i love crisp, fresh-from-the-store jeans. they remind me of back-to-school shopping with my mom and sisters, back when I was twelve or thirteen years old. When we’d arrive home after spending our $100 each, I’d hurry to my room and try on my new tops, boots and pants and then decide which days I’d wear them to school during that first week back.

The air smells different in autumn, too. Like wood-burning fires. For me, the smell evokes an image of families and friends, cozy on their couches in front of their fireplaces, watching the roaring flames and listening to the crackles and pops of the wood. It reminds me of pajamas and wool socks, and that winter—and Christmas!—is just around the corner.

One of the best parts of fall, though, is football season. I don’t know much about the game, but I do know there’s nothing better than cheering for your alma mater with friends, in front of that roaring fire.

Unless, of course, you’re cheering from the stands at Autzen stadium.

Last weekend, that’s just what I did. Check it out… 






leave a little note!

  1. Girl, I'm right there with you. When Stephen and I first started dating I didn't understand the concept of a "down." However, I still cheered and got all dressed up for the game. Hypocritical? Maybe. Did it stop me? No way!

    PS: So great bumping into you yesterday! You're positively glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to give me and my sister a $100 back to school clothes budget too! As we got older that just didn't seem like enough!

    Go Ducks!! I'm super hypocritical too---I work in the NFL department and I only watch Duck football. I guess when you hear about football all day at work its the last thing you want to watch all of fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i love crisp, fresh-from-the-store jeans. they remind me of back-to-school shopping with my mom and sisters, back when I was twelve or thirteen years old. When we’d arrive home after spending our $100 each, I’d hurry to my room and try on my new tops, boots and pants and then decide which days I’d wear them to school during that first week back."

    *** i could have written this ... so crazy! :) it amazes me to realize that other parents gave the $100 for shopping too, haha. thought my sisters and i were the only ones, haha. it is amazing how far that $100 went when i was younger ***

    ReplyDelete
  4. go ducks! my parents and aunt and uncle are up in eugene moving my brother and cousin into the dorms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should totally go get a fire crackling candle from target! they're like $20 but when you light it, it sounds like a fire! i am obsessed with mine! i've had pumpkin and vanilla, both delish and relaxing!

    and I remember one summer after my parents got divorced my dad gave my mom a $100 bill and we went to Old Navy to spend it. I thought $100 was soooo much money and I couldnt wait to be so stylish for school, haha

    ReplyDelete