Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

we're (almost) homeowners!


jeff and i are doing everything backwards. first we're buying a house. then we're having a baby. and last but not least, we're getting married. someday. (i don't have a ring or anything yet, but at this point i think it's a pretty safe assumption.)

i kind of love that my life turned out this way: unpredictable. my world flipped upside down four months ago, but now, after experiencing all the craziness, stress and joy of preparing for a baby and finding a home to raise her in, i wouldn't want it any other way. i mean, how boring would it be to actually live out the plan i had for myself since childhood? the plan was to be a super successful, well-traveled novelist and wait until at least thirty years old to have kids, to sit down with my husband and say, "okay, i think it's time we start trying." 

blah.

getting thrown into this head-first, without warning, is much more of a rush.  

anyway, we're buying a house! we close in just two weeks. (that's me up there signing the offer letter.) today we got word that all went well with the appraisal, so i'm hoping there aren't too many more hoops to jump through. jeff is being conservative, thinking only about the important things we'll need (like a refrigerator, washer and dryer, and so on), while i can't stop dreaming of paint colors and living room accessories. 

i could always use more inspiration! any ideas? :-)  


leave a little note!

  1. If you haven't done so already, go lust over the home decor on Pinterest. I die. It's the best. And all the baby stuff...swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the order that you are doing things, Megs. And, I cannot tell you how excited I am to hang out with a new little one in a new house. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Megs! Yesss yes yes! So excited to come see "home sweet home" during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on everything!
    i hope everything goes well with the house.

    ♥elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think there is a thing wrong with the order of your doings, I think it's great! it's crazy the way life can sometimes work out :) I am now jealous of your baby girl AND your house! one day....

    Libby on the Label

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on everything! such exciting things happening all at once! :)

    ReplyDelete