Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Fresh Oregon Air at Multnomah Falls



Last weekend, after hours and hours of cleaning my filthy apartment (which included unpacking from the Sunriver trip I took three weeks ago!), I was craving some summer sunshine and fresh Oregon air. And there’s no better place to get that than Multnomah Falls.

Jeff and I rounded up a few friends (and a backpack of snacks, because I can’t even go two hours without eating these days!) and headed for the falls at the Columbia River Gorge. It was beautiful! Like, way better than I expected. The air was clear and the weather not too hot, perfect for climbing the short but steep, steep hill to the top. My calves are super sore today! I was huffing and puffing the whole way up. (But I suppose having a baby on board is a good enough excuse for that.)

Based on the photos? You can probably guess that the grueling climb was well worth the pain.


In other news, I can’t wait to start posting baby bump photos! But the bump’s not big enough yet. Can you believe after almost 21 weeks I have nothing but a little bulge? Some people even tell me I don’t look pregnant—I look like I’ve had a few beers. A beer belly. That’s what they say. I’m not sure whether to start wearing tighter clothes to make it more obvious or just wait it out. My belly has to pop eventually! Until then, stay tuned... 


leave a little note!

  1. wow these views are gorgeous meghan! what a great hike with friends, a perfect weekend trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just came across your blog from Liz's and love seeing other Portland people :) I know Jessica from your pictures! Portland is such a small world :) Cutest baby shower ever btw, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the view is soo pretty! I would choose hiking any day over the gym, the natural air, the breeze and the views are worth it! and i got back from seattle 1 1/2 weeks ago and just unpacked last night. kitty was using my suitcase as her perch, oops!

    Libby on the Label

    ReplyDelete
  4. Work it mama to be! Such a fun hike and stunning views!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous landscape! I wish we had lush forests and waterfalls out here...but heck, cows and haystacks are awesome too ;)

    Found you over at Liz's blog. Pretty banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that place:-) So beautiful and refreshing!

    P.S. My baby bump just popped out, literally overnight! (I'm 24 weeks now) xoxo

    ReplyDelete