Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

date night, southern style


every girl loves a good old-fashioned date night, right? right. i don't know if this one qualifies as old-fashioned (i didn't dress up or put on lipstick or anything, and jeff wore a nike windbreaker), but we got out of the house on a monday to wine and dine over candlelight. 

(this is something we're trying to do more often, leave the house on a whim. sometimes we start to cook and then stop halfway through and decide to go out instead. because pretty soon? we won't have the luxury of spontaneity, what with having to pack a diaper bag and all.)

my favorite gourmet pizza place is closed on mondays, so we decided on screen door, a super popular restaurant in southeast portland that serves southern cuisine. let me tell you, it felt good to gorge myself on something besides fruit and vegetables! (pregnancy regimens are tough!) i had catfish, mac and cheese, a bean salad, hushpuppies (fried cornbread? yum.) and bubbly pear juice. jeff had a beef brisket. we've been eating leftovers for days.








leave a little note!

  1. looks amazing! just came across your blog - you are adorable!!! new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove Screen door! I've gone there for my birthday several times. The wait is insane! Especially for brunch, which is equally as amazing as dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm love Screen Door! Stop making me miss Portland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try this place for a real long time! It's on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Date nights are SO important! Your pictures are all fantastico!! Do you use a lens?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love date nights! my favorite nights! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete