Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

my street of dreams

I live on Mississippi Avenue, the heartbeat of North Portland. I fell in love with it last summer. (Have I told you this love story? If not, read on.)

One day last year, Jeff and I were passing through, en route to my studio apartment at the waterfront, and suddenly I wished I lived on Mississippi instead of near the sparkling river and the boundless bridges that stretch over it. I could imagine myself here, among the hippies and hobos and eclectic families and artists. It reminded me of San Francisco. Three months later Jeff and I packed up and moved to the neighborhood. Since then, Mississippi and I have been inseparable.

(Okay, so it's a short love story. But cute, eh?)

Today the sun woke me up with surprising warmth. Jeff and I took advantage of the weather by strolling up and down the familiar streets of our neighborhood, acting as off-course tourists. (With cameras and everything.) We ate breakfast on the outdoor patio at Muddy's, wandered through a nursery we'd never been in, and savored lattes at Fresh Pot with foam on our upper lips. The streets bustled. And the trees swayed slightly, their leaves making music with each other.

Here are some snaps from our touristy walk this morning:







leave a little note!

  1. Looks like a lovely neighborhood. And both you and your boy are adorable:)
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, Meghan! I love it and am a new follower! Your photos are stunning and inspiring. Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like such a cute little area! Awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete