Sunday, June 26, 2011

a hot air balloon ride!


Okay, so I didn't go on a hot air balloon ride. But I watched lots of other lucky people take off in hot air balloons this weekend. (Oh, what I'd give to fly in a big balloon!) I woke up at 4:40 a.m. on Saturday to meet my friend Liz for the Tigard Hot Air Balloon Festival. We arrived just as the sun was coming up, and by the time the colorful globes were airborne the sky was a brilliant blue.

There were so many colors! Jeff makes fun of me because I'm drawn to intensely hued objects: anything splashy, showy, you get the picture. (You should see my closet. It's brighter than a rainbow.) He calls me a bumble bee and makes buzzing sounds when I see something kaleidoscopic—like a hot air balloon. 

Point? On Saturday, I was happier than a bumble bee on a sunflower. 

 




leave a little note!

  1. Yay glad I found your blog! I love finding fellow Portland bloggers :) Those balloon pics are beautiful! I had a friend who went up in the WWJD balloon this weekend and her pics made me want to go so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my most favorite things to do in summertime! I love watching them take off!!! So so so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete