Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our Winter Weekend by the Sea

Last week, on the day locals and vacationers were forced to evacuate the Oregon Coast because of the tsunami warning, we headed toward the storm. Jeff and I piled in the car with our friends Liz and Corey (and their puppy, Henry), and we drove to the beach. We stayed in the cutest little house, in a community of brand new vacation homes between Depot Bay and Lincoln City. Our afternoons were spent walking along the sand, while our evenings were consumed with board games, red wine, great conversation, and complete relaxation.

I couldn't get enough of the stormy water, which contrasted with the clear sky and gorgeous sunshine. The waves were bigger and bluer than I'd ever seen them, and the sand golder than I remember. The scene was absolutely beautiful, like God had turned up the saturation.

{Thank you, Liz, for the beautiful photos!}


leave a little note!

  1. The photos are as beautiful as the words.

    I love this line: "The waves were bigger and bluer than I'd ever seen them, and the sand golder than I remember. The scene was absolutely beautiful, like God had turned up the saturation." Sounds like something right out of a New York Best Selling Novel.

    Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete