Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunset and Saddle Shoes

My feet are laced inside a pair new, super-cute European saddle shoes, and a slouchy shoulder sack drapes in front of my red coat, next to my Kate Spade computer bag. I’m ready for my first day of work in the Netherlands. The commute reminds me of the one I used to endure in San Francisco: two train rides and a short walk.

When we arrive at the office, we meet our coworkers on the first floor for a sugary cup of American coffee before setting up camp at our temporary desks. The day is usual, but different. And by 6 p.m., a beer sounds magnificent. Four of us stop at the pub next to the train station while waiting for our ride back to the hotel.

The evening ends with dinner and drinks by the fire in our hotel’s bar, accompanied by a perfectly pink sunset. Perfect because, I almost forget, today is Valentine’s Day.


leave a little note!

  1. These posts are making me so nostalgic and jealous! So glad you're having a good time. Wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete