Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend by the Bay

Happy Monday! My trip to San Francisco last weekend was quick yet action-packed, and I realized how much I miss the city's sights, sounds and secrets. On Friday I journeyed everywhere from Mill Valley to San Jose, touring hotels that I'm writing about for a company in Larkspur. The company put me up in its snazziest hotel on Union Square, in a two-bedroom suite complete with a gigantic king bed, feathery pillows and plush couches. After my frenzied day, I returned to my room and ordered a $30 cheeseburger from Puccini and Pinetti, the restaurant downstairs, and scarfed it in front of the 50-inch flat-screen TV. (What could be better on a Friday night?)

Revitalized and still stuffed from my massive dinner, I met Jenn and Maijken on Saturday afternoon. We walked up and down San Francisco’s hilly streets and enjoyed the crisp fall air against the warm sunshine before heading to dinner at a trendy yet cozy restaurant called Home in the Castro. Stormy weather rolled in with the fog, which left Jenn’s apartment without power for a few hours!




leave a little note!

  1. i am counting down the min until I am back in the bay for new years week!

    ReplyDelete