Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well Hello There, February

Where has January gone? Doesn't it seem like just yesterday we were chugging champagne and shouting "Happy New Year!" between kisses at midnight?

February is off to a great start. I have no idea whether Mr. Groundhog saw his shadow or not, because I have not one but two interviews this afternoon. Yay! The bad news is I'm running on five hours of sleep. And to top it off, I'm as sick as a dog! As raspy as a horse! I'm downing bottles of H2O mixed with Airborne every chance I get. (Yesterday, someone called this drink Watairborne -- and then The Borne Suprwatercy. I like #2.) (On a more serious note, does anyone know how much is too much when it comes to Watairborne? And vitamins? And what about potassium-packed bananas? Because I ate three yesterday.)

Sorry for the short post, but I'm off to the next interview. Thanks to all of you who emailed me to say, "It sounds like you need some ideas." (Ouch!) Seriously, though, thanks for the ideas! I now have a substantial list of things to do and places to visit in Portland -- and it's all for your bleading pleasure.

Ta ta for now.

leave a little note!

  1. SF Spotting: No matter where you walk in the Tenderloin, you will encounter sidewalk poop. The strangest thing about it is that I NEVER see dogs in that neighborhood, and the few that I do cannot produce that much waste! Agh, I a sick of all the poop. Be glad that PDX is cleaner.

    PDX Recommendations (in case you didn't have enough):

    Places to eat: Gruner, Ping & Screen Door
    Places to drink: North 45, The Pope..., & Noble Rot
    Places to go out: Doug Fir, Ron Toms & Alto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the SF spotting, even though it's a nasty one. (Have you read my blog posts dedicated solely to sidewalk feces?) Also great recommendations! Doug Fir and North 45 are already on the list, but I'm happy I can add these other places to it, too. Now I just need to find time to visit them...! xo.

    ReplyDelete