Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Look What I Did, Cyberspace!

Today I spent almost eight hours browsing Microsoft Word's clip art collection, searching for jolly Santa heads, cutesy Christmas trees, dreidels, and something that represents Kwanzaa. My company is paying me to create a holiday Bingo game. (And next week? I'm supposed to dress up as an elf and decorate Christmas cookies with kids. But that's another story.)

You see, when my boss asked me to come up with a game for our staff holiday party (which is scheduled for this Thursday), I had to think fast. And, well, it's no secret that everybody loves a rousing game of Bingo. The best part about the game is you don't have to stand up in front of a group and embarrass yourself – unless you get a Bingo, of course, in which case you must shout very loudly. But it's not like charades or a contest to see who can recite the company's mission statement with the fewest errors (which is what my boss wanted to do, and what we would have done if it weren't for my weird Bingo obsession).

Like a child prancing home from school, waiving her painting proudly in the air ("Look what I did, Mom!") and then taping it to the refrigerator, I'm an adult coming home from a hard day at work, sharing my creation with cyberspace.

Ta-da...

I know what you're thinking, and yes, this really did take me eight whole hours. But this is just one of the ten (or twelve?) cards I made. After I agreed to organize this game, I remembered that every Bingo card must be slightly different, and some of the cards should have completely different images than some of the other cards. I had no idea what I was getting into. Which is why I'm so proud of myself.

For today, this blog is my cyber-refrigerator, and my Bingo board is taped to it with a big fat A+.


leave a little note!

  1. MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN SOME OTHERS I KNKOW OF...AND ITS ONLY TUESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,

    I got a good laugh from this blog and I hope that you post a picture of yourself dressed up as an elf! :) Plus, I loved the bingo card you made! It looks professional

    Good luck playing Bingo!

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs, you're so funny! Good job on the BINGO card.

    And, like Kim, I hope you post a cute picture of you as an elf. I can't wait for that!!!

    ReplyDelete