Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meet George, George Banta

It seems most people use the Internet solely to post pictures of kittens anyway, so this entry is dedicated to my sister's new tabby, George. She and her roommates named him George – not after George Clooney, like my friend Alexa assumed, but after George Banta, Delta Gamma's only male initiate. After all, the cat's living with all DGs. Cute, huh? So when my sister's friends meet George ("he's sweet, but who the heck is George Banta?"), they also learn a little bit about her sorority ("George Banta joined DG in the early 1900s, when the women needed a man to travel the country and spread the word about their organization"). Repeating this clause day after day will get old fast, and I'm guessing that's why they call the cat George, for short.

"He's soooo little!" I squeal as I swoop him up off the sofa. I secretly wonder how I can sneak him into my suitcase and onto the plane back to San Francisco without my sister knowing. "Hurry, take a picture to send to Darren!" I grab my BlackBerry.

Darren hates cats and refuses to share his living space with one. For some reason, the idea of litter boxes and fur balls makes him squirmy. We email this to him:

Subject line: "How can you resist these faces?" Ten minutes later, we send this video:

video

He continues to receive messages like these until my sisters and I grow frustrated that we haven't heard back – and it's time to go out. The next day, when we arrive at my parents' house, my little cousins are there. Darren gets this picture:

Suddenly a kitten doesn't look so bad, does it?


leave a little note!

  1. I can't believe Sylvie didn't cry for 3 whole minutes while you were holding her... way to go Megs! P.S. please don't steal George from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I love the kitty, so cute! Maybe if he doesn't want a kitty you guys should get a puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the kitty is a better idea. They don't need your assistance, but for twice daily food fill-ups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, George Banta is so cute! What a cute little face he has! I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LT!!! WHO'S COUCH IS THAT - that the little dolly kitty is playing on??? I have that EXACT IKEA print on my couch!! super stylish love it! oh and that little baby kitten is just TOO CUTE!!! he will NOT be that size for long- Bam is HUGE NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete